Monday, September 18, 2006

An opportunity to worship God 2



The time of worship last night was wonderful for those of us in the praise team. From the beginning, we all felt that God's presence was with us. Many of the people in the congregation later came up to encourage us and thank us for our ministry. We weren't sure if they were going to like all of our songs (have you ever sang "Lord I Lift Your Name on High" with a salsa rhythm?), but they received all of them well. The pics above show almost everybody - the only person missing is our drummer, who is hidden by the singers. The young people playing the congas, electric guitar and recorder flute are all under the age of 16, but already eager to learn music and full of potential. For those of you who know my brother, Esteban, he is on the second picture in the middle, playing the electric bass.



This picture shows Cristian (our worship leader) on the keyboard, me playing the guitar, and Giovanni Monterroso (our worship minister) singing.

1 comment:

Joyce Collins said...

All I can say is....GLORIA A DIOS!
And I have a huge smile on my face!!!!! :?)